Error communicating with the Spooler system service
Spin
2006-07-22 21:25:18 UTC
Gurus,

Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. I logon to this server over RDP to check
things out every once in a while. I never need to print so I disabled the
Spooler service. Question is how to make the below error go away. I do NOT
want to re-enable the spooler service.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: TermServDevices
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1114
Date: 7/19/2006
Time: 1:42:05 PM
User: N/A
Computer: EBIZ-GATE
Error communicating with the Spooler system service. Open the Services
snap-in and confirm that the Print Spooler service is running.
Spin
Patrick Rouse
2006-07-23 03:01:02 UTC
Why not just move the ntprint.inf from windows\inf to somewhere else, so
printer autocreation or installation won't work. (or ignore the message)
--
Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server